Are you looking for ways to level up your ab workout?
Why not? Everyone wants that toned and sculpted ab and flaunt it. And when you are thinking of getting that ab, you obviously need to include some ab exercises. But weighted ab workouts do the best.
By adding weight, you are actually adding some resistance which is more intense and more strenuous for your muscles. When your body weight is abdominal, or all those core exercises are no longer challenging for you, you should include weight to get the best result.
The Best Weighted Ab Workouts And Its Poses
Now, here I will guide you with some weighted ab workouts that you need to include in your daily exercise routine. You do not need to try them all together in a single day; you can alter them.
I will recommend you do as many reps as possible and take 20 seconds of breaks in between 40 seconds of rep. Then rest for 2 minutes and repeat the entire circuit again.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold both ends of the dumbbell. Place both hands in front of your face. Elbows wide and bend at sides.
- Now, keeping both elbows bent along with the entire body still, slowly circle the dumble around the head once and then stop by keeping it at eye level.
- It’s one rep.
#2 Unilateral Dumbbell March
- With your feet shoulder-width apart, stand up straight.
- Now, with your left hand, hold a dumbbell.
- Then, extend your right arm out and make an angle of 45 degrees from your body.
- Now, slowly lift your left leg up till it is reaching to hip height.
- After that, with control, lower your left leg down to the ground.
- This is one rep.
- Now, you need to repeat the same with the other side.
#3 Low To High Dumbbell Chop
- Again for this one as well, you need to stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell with both hands and place it in front of your chest.
- Now, towards the left foot, rotate your body, lifting the right heel and pivoting on the right ball of the foot. This way, your one knee faces the other one, and while bending over, your hips should face the left side. Now, down outside of the right food, lower the weight.
- Now, reverse the same movement and keep rotating through the centre until your body faces the right side. Now, pivoting on the ball of your right foot, raise the eight up overhead by making an angle of 45 degrees.
- Now, reverse in order to return to the start. This is one rep.
#4 Single-Arm Kettlebell Push Press
- Here also you need to stand on your hip and make them only wider than your hips.
- Now, while ensuring your right arm bent and your elbow close to your body, hold a kettlebell. This way, the weight will rest on the shoulder and then place your left hand on your left hip.
- Into a quarter-squat, sink your hips slightly.
- Then in order to extend your legs, quickly push through your feet and keep pressing the kettlebell straight up simultaneously until the right arm is completely extended overhead.
- Now, with control, lower the kettlebell back down. One rep is done now.
#5 Squat To Overhead Press With Rotation
- With feet, hip-distance apart and toes pointed out a little, stand up straight.
- Take dumbbells on both your hands and rest lightly on your shoulders.
- Now, sit back into a square and make your thighs parallel to the ground.
- Now, through heels, I drive up to standing while raising my right arm towards the ceiling. Ensure you are turning your torso towards the left and lifting the right heel in order to pivot on it.
- As you sit into the squat again, come back to the centre.
- Then again, stand while raising the left arm towards the ceiling and now the same way turning the torso toward the right to pivot on its lifted left heel.
- Again return to the centre. Now, one rep is done.
Some More Options
Here are some more weighted ab workouts options that you can try. This list also has some weighted lower ab workouts along with ab workouts with a weighted ball.
#6 Leg Drops
#7 Plank Dumbbell Drag
#8 Half-Kneeling Windmill
#9 Turkish Get-Up
#10 Renegade Row
#11 Forward Lunge With Twist
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):-
Now, it is time to answer some most common questions that people usually have in their minds while focusing on an ab workout. I believe when you are looking for weighted ab workouts, you might also have these questions in your head.
Q1: What Are Good Weighted Ab Workouts?
Ans: In this article, I have already talked about the best-weighted ab workouts; here are some more options for you.
- Low-to-high wood chop.
- Plank and rotate.
- Leaning camel.
- Overhead circle.
- Standing weighted twist.
- Overhead reach with leg lower.
- Seated Russian twist.
- Renegade row.
Q2: Are Weighted Exercises Better For Abs?
Ans: To be honest, when you are adding weight to your ab exercises, it can assist you in building mass along with toning your abs. When it comes to increasing strength, heavier weights are more effective. But, in case you are a beginner, lighter weight and high reps are always excellent ways to start. And as you grow stronger, you can add more resistance.
Q3: Which Ab Workout Is The Most Effective?
Ans: As per the study, the bicycle crunch is the most effective exercise when it analyzes the muscle activity in your abdominals. In order to complete a bicycle crunch, you need to lie on your back, and your lower back should be pressed into the round. Now, bring your knees in towards your chest and also lift both your shoulder blades off the ground.
Q4: What Are The Top 5 Best Ab Workouts?
Ans: When you are focusing on your abs, here are 5 exercises to enhance your ab workout.
- Reverse crunch.
- Vertical leg crunch.
- Side plank.
- The bicycle crunch.
- The plank.
Get The Ab!
The best part of these weighted ab workouts is that they can also be done at home, you just need to get the equipment that is required, and you can get the perfect ab of your dream with weighted ab workouts at home.