Are you searching for information on Breast Cancer? If yes, then you have reached the right place.
There are a number of ailments in the world. And when it comes to women, it is one of the main reasons that cause of death. In the United States, alone, about 500 men and 42,000 women die every year because of this form of cancer.
It is important that you are able to read the signs and learn the ways in which breast cancer can be prevented and treated. If you are searching for the answer to these, you have come to the right place. Keep reading this article till the end to learn more…
To keep it short and simple, it is cancer that develops in the cells of the breasts.
It is a disease in which cells of the breast grow out of control. When this happens, like any other type of cancer, it becomes impossible for the cells and tissues surrounding the cancer cell to work properly. That is the reason why these cancer tumors and abnormally growing cells are often treated or removed from the body.
There is one thing that you need to know. And that breast cancer can happen in either one breast or both breasts. If treated or diagnosed in the early stages, the disease can be cured.
However, this is the thing with cancer, they can recur. Thus, timely diagnosis, along with a good and healthy lifestyle are some of the most important reasons for curing and preventing cancer.
|Trivia: Did you know that after skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common type of cancer that is diagnosed in women in the United States?|
Breast Cancer Sites: Where Does It Occur?
You might think that the answer to this is simple. It will of course occur in the breast!
However, there is a catch! The cancerous growth of cells can occur in almost any part of the breast.
Here are some of the common sites of breast cancer in the body:
- Ducts: When cancer takes place in the ducts of the breasts, it is known as ductal cancer.
- Lobules: When cancer is developed in the lobules of the breasts that make breast milk, it is known as lobular cancer.
- Nipples: This is one of the less common types of breast cancer that develops and this is called the Paget Disease of breasts.
- lymph vessels: Cancer that happens or develops on the lymph vessels of the breasts is called Angiosarcoma. This is also one of the less common types of breast cancer.
- Stroma: the last one is known as a phyllodes tumor that develops in the connective and fat tissues of the breast.
Like any other form of cancer, it also occurs when there is excessive growth of the breast cells. In This condition, the cells mutate and divide much more rapidly than other surrounding healthy cells. They then continue to accumulate and form a lump under the skin.
These cancerous cells may even spread throughout your breast and reach up to the lymph nodes or even to other body parts.
Most of the time, it is passed from one generation to another generation. Like most other types of diseases and cancer, this is also one of the most common causes of this terminal disease. According to Mayo Clinic, “Doctors estimate that about 5 to 10 percent of breast cancers are linked to gene mutations passed through generations of a family.”
|Trivia: Did you know that breast cancer can occur in both men and women, it’s far more common in women!|
In other words, if there is a history of breast cancer in your family, it is advisable that you ge5 yours checked once every year. There are high chances of genetic mutation and of the disease being present in your body as well.
Here are some of the most common causes of breast cancer:
- Genetic mutation
- Lifestyle choices
- Excessive smoking
- Increasing age
- Exposure to radiation.
It is not simple. There are different types of it. These types are defined by the site of the cancer cells. Some of the common types of breast cancer are:
- Pagel disease
- Lobular cancer
- Ductal cancer
- Phyllodes tumor
However, when categorized, there are two kinds of breast cancer. They are:
- Invasive ductal carcinoma: This is the type of cancer where the cancer cell begins in the ducts and then grows outside of them and infects other parts of the breast cells and tissues.
- Invasive lobular carcinoma: This is the type of cancer where the cancer cell begins in the lobules of the breasts and then spreads from these lobules to other healthier parts of the breast tissues that are nearby.
What are the signs and symptoms that show the development or occurrence of breast cancer? If that is something that you are searching for, you have come to the right place.
Signs and symptoms of breast cancer may include:
- A breast lump
- Thickening which feels different compared to the tissues of the surrounding areas
- Change in the shape, appearance, and size of one or both breasts
- A new and inverted nipple
- Peeling of the areola
- Scaling, flaking, or crusting of the nipple or areola or the breast skin
- Changes of the skin over the breast
- Redness of the skin over the breast
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Now that you have almost reached the end of this article, I hope that most of the things that you were searching for regarding breast cancer have already been answered. Check out these frequently asked questions before
Ans. Breast cancer awareness month is considered to be October. This means that from 1 October to 31 October is a time that is dedicated to breast cancer awareness.
Ans. One of the lesser-known facts is that men are too at risk of getting or developing breast cancer. According to statistics, one out of every hundred men gets breast cancer. Even though it is more common in females, males can also get breast cancer.
Wrapping It Up!
It is a disease in which cells of the breast grow out of control. When this happens, like any other type of cancer, it becomes impossible for the cells and tissues surrounding the cancer cell to work properly.
In case you were searching for information related to breast cancer, I hope that this article has been of help to you. If there are any other queries related to the same, feel free to let me know in the comment box below.