Is this something that you have been searching for? If your answer is yes, then you have reached the right place.
One of the things that most fruit lovers have complained about is eating pomegranate. While it is one of the most refreshing fruits, tearing the meat of the fruit open and having the seeds of the pomegranate are some of the most difficult things for a lot of people.
If you have been struggling with the same and want to know how to eat a pomegranate, you will find this article to be of help. Keep reading this article till the end to learn more…
Pomegranates appear to be a frightening fruit. However, it is worth the effort to break through that tough skin to reach the juicy, ruby-red seeds (also known as arils, which include the seeds and the juice surrounding them), which contain numerous health benefits.
Those tart arils can support your immune system and prevent disease. In addition, they might be just what you need to spice up everything from your salad to your soda.
These round red fruits are high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, but they are low in calories and fat. Antioxidants, heart health, urinary health, exercise endurance, and other benefits are among them.
To put it another way, consuming pomegranates is a must if you want to live a life that is both healthier and more delicious.
Answering The Most Asked, “How To Eat A Pomegranate?”
Now that you know a little about why you should eat a pomegranate, it is time that you take a look at the most important part of the blog— the answer to “how to eat a pomegranate.”
Read this part of the blog till the end to learn more about the same…
The first step of how to eat a pomegranate that I would like to talk about is a little detailed. Hence, I would request you to have a little patience. Trust me with this one! Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Using a sharp knife, cut the pomegranate’s top.
- To remove any dirt and debris from the surface, rinse the pomegranate under running water. Score vertical lines along the section lines in the pomegranate’s rind. Make a straight line from the skin of the pomegranate down to the fruit’s bottom with your knife.
- Take care not to cut through the fruit completely. Place the pomegranate in a bowl of cold water or cut it where you see a ridge inside. Through this interaction, you will actually want to isolate the palatable pieces of the natural product from the unappetizing ones.
- Separate the sections manually. You need to insert your thumbs into the middle of the cut you made on top of the pomegranate in order to accomplish this. By applying some pressure, the pomegranate will split in half and expose all of the red seeds, or arils, that are inside.
- Using your fingers, pry the seeds out of the rind. To do that it is ideal to keep the pomegranate submerged as you slide your fingers along the skin to isolate the eatable seeds from the skin.
- The last step of this process is to strain the seeds with the help of a colander or strainer.
Another equally popular and effective method of retrieving pomegranate seeds is to use a knife to score the fruit.
- First, remove the flower, which is the small stem at the top of the fruit, with a paring knife.
- After that, score the sides by cutting the skin from top to bottom between the ridges. Simply make six evenly spaced cuts around the fruit if you can’t feel the ridges.
- Make the cuts shallow enough to keep the juices from escaping.
- Then, hold the foods grown from the ground your thumbs at the top where the blossom was. Tenderly draw separated the organic product to isolate the areas.
- Doing this over a bowl might be helpful to catch all the loose seeds.
- Remove the white membrane that covers each section of seeds to continue.
- In conclusion, working over a bowl or clean surface, pull the edges of each part back towards you to push the seeds out and into the bowl.
- You may need to gently rub some of the seeds to remove them, depending on how easily they come out and how ripe the fruit is.
The last way of eating a pomegranate that I want to talk about in this article is with the help of a spoon. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to eat this fruit with the help of a spoon.
- To begin, cut the fruit in half along its center. Then, with the seed side down, hold it over a bowl.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to firmly pound on the pomegranate skin until all of the seeds fall out.
- So that the seeds sink to the bottom and pieces of the pith float to the top, you can fill the bowl halfway with water. The seeds will be easier to separate because of this.
- To get rid of any unwanted pith, rinse and strain the seeds. The arils are now ready for enjoyment.
Now that you know how to eat pomegranate, it is time for you to learn about the nutritious benefits that you can gain with the help of this fruit.
Pomegranate arils are loaded with supplements and cancer prevention agents, substances that can help forestall or defer harm inside the cells. Pomegranate juice, on the other hand, contains three times as many antioxidants as other antioxidant-rich beverages like red wine and green tea.
Take a quick look at this chart to know about the nutritional facts of the fruit:
Apart from this, pomegranate also has a lot of vitamins here is a list of them:
|Thiamine (B1)||0.067 mg|
|Niacin (B3)||0.293 mg|
|Vitamin E||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin K||16.4 μg|
|Vitamin C||10.2 mg|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.053 mg|
|Folate (B9)||38 μg|
|Vitamin B6||0.075 mg|
Wrapping It Up!
In case you wanted to know how to eat a pomegranate, I hope that this article has been able to answer that and more. If there are any other queries related to the same, feel free to let me know.
All that you need to do is scroll down till you reach the bottom of the page. Then leave your queries and doubts in the comment box below. And I will be there to answer them all for you!